Prepositions #1

               15 
      Prepositions

1- Access to - He has access to his officer.

2- Abundance of ( plenty of ) - India has Abundance of wheat.

3- Acquaintance with - I do not have acquaintance with his elder brother.

4- Affection for - He has no affection for the poor.

5- Apology for- The student  offered apology for his misconduct.

6- Advantage over- The rich always have advantage over the poor.

7- Anxiety for- The old lady had great anxiety for the safety of her son.

8- Assurance of - I gave him assurance of my help.

9- Attack on- I cannot bear this attack on my conduct.

10- Candidate for- There are ten candidates for this post.

11-Cause for - The patient is out of danger, there is no cause for anxiety.

12-Claim to( property) - The court rejected his claim to his uncle's property.

13- Claim on ( person) - You have no claim on me.

14- Competition with ( a person ) - I have no competition with him for his post.

15- Competition for ( a thing,a prize ) - There is a great competition for this prize.


Comments