Prepositions #3

         15 Prepositions

1-Duty to- You must do your duty to your parents.

2-Exception to- There is an exception to every rule.

3-Excuse for-You have no excuse for delay.

4-Equality with- A clerk cannot claim equality with his officer.

5-Exemption from- He got exception from appearing in the exam.

6-Expert in- Mr Natwar Singh is an 
expert in foreign affairs.

7- Faith in- Pandit Nehru had no faith in rituals.

8- Failure of- The failure of monsoons hit  the farmers.

9- Fondness for- I have no fondness for Western music.

10- Grief at- He felt deep grief at the death of his father.

11- Glance at- Let us have a glance at this picture.

12- Guess at- He can guess at the moral of the story.

13- Gratitude to ( someone ) for ( something)- I expressed my gratitude ( thanks) to my friend for this help.

14- Heir to- she is only heir to my property.

15- Hindrance to- His early marriage proved a great hindrance to his progress.

Comments